Title: Project Manager
Position Type: Full-Time
What we do and offer our team
AGU is a global community of 130,000 Earth and space scientists, advocates and experts. As the Project Manager, you will support a dynamic association that publishes peer-reviewed journals and scientific books and convenes the largest Earth and space science meeting in the world. Through our initiatives, such as mentoring, professional development and awards, AGU upholds and fosters an inclusive and diverse scientific community.
AGU offers our employees great benefits, including flexible work schedules, retirement savings options, as well as health, dental, life and disability insurance. AGU also provides exciting opportunities for professional development and tuition support.
AGU’s Workplace Values
We believe in accountability and ownership of work, by taking responsibility for decisions and results. We believe in member and customer service, and that they come first through providing high quality service.
We believe in excellence and giving it our all, through striving to be outstanding. We believe in integrity by doing the right thing, we achieve this by being honest and fair.
Our teams believe that with teamwork together we achieve more, we achieve this through collaboration. We believe in respect, that you earn it and give it, by open communication and collaboration.
What the Project Manager does
The Project Manager position is key in assisting AGU to promote discovery in Earth and Space science for the benefit of humanity by being strategic and operational in focus. The primary purpose of this role is to ensure that the project is successfully completed to meet established schedule, budget, and performance requirements. The Project Manager is responsible for overall direction, coordination, execution, implementation, control, and completion of specific projects, ensuring alignment with organizational strategy, commitments, and goals.
* Leads planning and implementation of project.
* Ensures project goals are aligned with organizational strategic goals.
* Facilitates scope definition, goals, and deliverables.
* Defines tasks and resource requirements.
* Develops project plans.
* Assembles and coordinates project team.
* Manages project budget and schedule.
* Plans and schedules project timelines.
* Tracks project deliverables.
* Provides direction and support to project team.
* Works with project team to determine and ensure quality assurance.
* Constantly monitors and reports on progress to stakeholders.
* Manages internal and external stakeholders.
* Implements and manages project changes.
* Documents all aspects of a project.
* Presents reports defining project progress, problems, and solutions.
* Facilitates lessons learned, assesses results, and evaluates project.
* Other duties as assigned.
What the Project Manager brings to the team
* 6+ years of experience in project management with a Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience with both waterfall and agile project methodology.
* Previous experience with vendor management is a must.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) required.
* Must be able to represent AGU’s organizational culture of honesty and transparency in operations.
* Ability to influence and lead.
* Demonstrated initiative and a proactive approach to tasks.
* Ability to keep and maintain a budget.
* Ability to exercise independent judgment: juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
* Must be detail oriented.
* Ability to handle complex technical information and prioritize assignments, set goals, and work independently as well as in a group.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and customer service skills (with a high degree of diplomacy) are essential, as is excellent follow-through on tasks.
* Demonstrated ability to translate strategic intent into full-scale project plans.
* High degree of professionalism and accuracy.
* Demonstrated discretion on confidential matters.
* Strong knowledge of MS Office.
* Excellent critical thinking and problems-solving skills.
For consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume.
The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check and verification of vaccination against COVID-19 by the date of hire as a condition of employment, subject to requests for any legally required accommodation.
AGU proudly offers a casual work environment, excellent compensation, generous work-life opportunities, and an outstanding benefits package.
AGU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.