Program Specialist, Publications Statistics
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Program Specialist, Publications Data, is key to assisting AGU to promote discovery in Earth and space science by helping advance publications strategy via data collection, tracking, and analysis related to journals, books, and enhanced content. Reporting to Senior Program Manager, Publications Statistics, this role provides consistently reliable publications-related data so that the Publications staff and editors can monitor progress of and attain goals and objectives. This role is also responsible for organizing and managing department data assets and improving on data tracking and reporting efficiencies.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Works with and supports the Senior Program Manager (SPM), Publications Statistics to monitor, analyze, and present publications-related data to internal and external stakeholders.
- Runs system reports and updates data dashboards, amending as needed to best suit intended audience’s needs.
- In conjunction with the SPM, determines timing and content of reports and analysis to communicate to key stakeholders.
- Supports demographic data collection and analysis to help advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in scientific publishing.
- Works with department staff to administer author surveys and analyze and distribute results. Uses results to make suggestions for improving department operations and strategy.
- Works with department staff on the completion of ad hoc reports, information pertaining to new or overlapping journal procedures, and clarification of data reporting methods/rationale.
- Prepares routine reports on submissions, peer review activities, manuscript decisions, and stakeholder demographic data.
- In conjunction with the SPM, develops reporting efficiencies and automations.
- Prepares PowerPoint and other graphic presentations to communicate program metrics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellence: Give your all
- Ability to perform responsibilities independently in a high-quality manner.
- Member & Customer Service: Members & Customers first
- Commit to provide high quality service to AGU members, customers, and each other.
- Listen actively, act accordingly, and keep members and customers informed.
- Teamwork: Together everyone achieves more
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve shared goals and outcomes that contribute to the mission, vision, and strategic plan of AGU.
- Share information and knowledge, encourage consensus and share credit for joint effort.
- Serve as an effective team player who adds complementary skills and contributes valuable ideas, opinions, and feedback.