Program Manager- TOPS Meeting Operations
AGU is a global community of 130,000 Earth and space scientists, advocates, and experts. As the Program Manager, TOPS Meeting Operations, you will be part of a dynamic association that publishes peer-reviewed journals and scientific books and convenes the largest Earth and space science meeting in the world. Through our initiatives, such as mentoring, professional development and awards, AGU upholds and fosters an inclusive and diverse scientific community.
AGU offers our employees great benefits, including flexible work schedules, retirement savings options, as well as health, dental, life and disability insurance. AGU also provides exciting opportunities for professional development and tuition support.
What the Program Manager, TOPS Meeting Operations does:
- Develops, plans and manages implementation of activities for selected society meetings, and long implementation time frames.
- As team leader for these meetings, ensures projects are complete, accurate and on time, and frequently updates SVP of Meetings and Learning and VP of Data Science on progress of projects.
- Provides reports and analysis on registration and financial reporting.
- Manages budget process under supervision of SVP of Meetings and Learning.
- Manages the overall TOPS workshop set up, registration and housing process from start to finish including database set‐up, demographic questions, and implementation timeline. Ensures all key stakeholder information is accurately captured and incorporated into the process.
- Manages hotel inventory for sub‐blocks for specialty societies, exhibitors, internationals, VIPs, and staff for those attending society meetings under TOPS banner. Collaborates with Meeting Coordinator on concessions for VIP’s, Staff and Vendor housing.
- Partners with Director of Learning on development of new event concepts, and implementation of new virtual elements into all meetings. or partners.
- Works with Director of Learning and others to evaluate events and leverage lessons learned and directions for future development and integration.
- Partners with other meetings and AGU staff to identify opportunities for future events.
- Works with the Directors of Learning, VP of Data Science, and SVP of Meetings and Learning to establish strategy and desired outcome for the collection and analysis of evaluation data.
- Works with internal and external partners to create and establish realistic timelines.
- Serves as internal point of contact for TOPS partnered meetings communication efforts; participates in development of marketing materials, provides information and input for registration, housing and ticketed events.
- Contributes to and coordinates content for the meeting websites and publications, and reviews content submitted by other members of the department.
- In collaboration with the Director of Learning, oversees the implementation of floor plans, signage (both digital and print), and large structure within the annual budget.
- Works with assigned vendors in coordinating details for meetings and events.
- Recommends new meetings communication opportunities that will elevate the meetings experience for members and other stakeholders.
- Provides feedback and makes recommendations to the Stakeholders for better efficiencies involving the meetings logistics and communication process; seeks and suggests possible solutions in order to ensure effective outcomes.
- Develops and manages the portion of the AGU TOPS budget and individual meeting budgets pertaining to marketing, registration and housing; assures that all accounting tracking of income and expense are accurate.
- Maintains shared documents within the department - timelines, data history, and vendor list.
- Handles member inquiries regarding registration, housing, and travel.
- Develops and distributes monthly, quarterly, and annual TOPS meeting reports. Monitors results and suggests modifications and marketing plan to internal leadership.