Podcast & Storytelling Intern
What we do and offer our team
AGU is a global community of 118,000 Earth and space scientists, advocates and experts. As the Podcast & Storytelling Intern, you will be part of a dynamic association that publishes peer-reviewed journals and scientific books and convenes the largest Earth and space science meeting in the world. Through our initiatives, such as mentoring, professional development and awards, AGU upholds and fosters an inclusive and diverse scientific community.
AGU offers our employees great benefits, including flexible work schedules, retirement savings options, as well as health, dental, life and disability insurance. AGU also provides exciting opportunities for professional development and tuition support.
AGU’s Workplace Values
We believe in accountability and ownership of work, by taking responsibility for decisions and results. We believe in member and customer service, and that they come first through providing high quality service.
We believe in excellence and giving it our all, through striving to be outstanding. We believe in integrity by doing the right thing, we achieve this by being honest and fair.
Our teams believe that with teamwork together we achieve more, we achieve this through collaboration. We believe in respect, that you earn it and give it, by open communication and collaboration.
What the Podcast & Storytelling Intern does
AGU Narratives is a NASA-funded initiative aimed at telling the stories of scientists in an effort to showcase a broad diversity of science and scientists with the goal of increasing representation, and trust, in science. Long-form audio interviews are archived in the AGU Narratives section of the StoryCorps app. Selected interviews are edited and produced for inclusion in our podcast, Third Pod from the Sun.
This internship will provide an intern with training that will allow them to become a valuable member of the science workforce and AGU will have a role in that training.
- The intern will carry out functions to ensure the delivery of promised products including podcast episodes, audio interviews uploaded to the AGU Narratives archives, website management, and more.
- The intern will correspond/coordinate with NASA and AGU’s Talent Pool department, schedule interviews with scientists, coordinate and correspond with the professional interviewer, work with an audio engineer and illustrator to create audio/visual products, and disseminate those products.
- The intern will host interviews on the StoryCorps app and promote products to wider audiences, as stipulated in the project proposal that NASA approved.
- The intern will be responsible for furthering the reach of podcast by creating marketing and promotional materials and working with AGU staff to broaden the audience of the podcast.
- The intern will help curate additional AGU science storytelling products to connect these materials to relevant podcast episodes.
- Other duties as assigned.