Title: Project Manager
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Washington, DC
What we do and offer our team
We are home to more than 60,000 scientists from 139 countries. As the Project Manager., you will be part of a dynamic association for Earth and space scientists who advance research, collaborate across disciplines, and communicate the importance and impact of science to society. AGU offers our members exciting opportunities through top-ranked scientific journals, scientific meetings and conferences, and other educational and scientific programs, to present and publish research, gain leadership experience, mentor, and freely exchange knowledge.
AGU’s Workplace Values
We believe in accountability and ownership of work, by taking responsibility for decisions and results. We believe in member and customer service, and that they come first through providing high quality service.
We believe in excellence and giving it our all, through striving to be outstanding. We believe in integrity by doing the right thing, we achieve this by being honest and fair.
Our teams believe that with teamwork together we achieve more, we achieve this through collaboration. We believe in respect, that you earn it and give it, by open communication and collaboration.
What the Project Manager does
The Project Manager position is key in assisting AGU to promote discovery in Earth and Space science for the benefit of humanity by being strategic and operational in focus. The primary purpose of this role is to ensure that the project is successfully completed to meet established schedule, budget, and performance requirements. The Project Manager is responsible for overall direction, coordination, execution, implementation, control, and completion of specific projects, ensuring alignment with organizational strategy, commitments, and goals.
* Lead planning and implementation of project.
* Facilitate scope definition, goals, and deliverables.
* Define tasks and resource requirements.
* Develop project plans.
* Assemble and coordinate project team.
* Manage project budget and schedule.
* Plan and schedule project timelines.
* Track project deliverables.
* Provide direction and support to project team.
* Work with project team to determine and ensure quality assurance.
* Constantly monitor and report on progress to stakeholders.
* Manage internal and external stakeholders.
* Implement and manage project changes.
* Document all aspects of a project.
* Present reports defining project progress, problems, and solutions.
* Facilitate lessons learned, assess results, and evaluate project.
* Other duties as assigned.
What the Project Manager brings to the team
* 6+ years of experience in project management with a Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Previous experience with vendor management is a must.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) required.
* Ability to influence and lead.
* Ability to keep and maintain a budget.
* Ability to exercise independent judgment: juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
* Must be detail oriented.
* Ability to handle complex technical information and prioritize assignments, set goals, and work independently as well as in a group.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and customer service skills (with a high degree of diplomacy) are essential, as is excellent follow-through on tasks.
* Demonstrated ability to translate strategic intent into full-scale project plans.
* High degree of professionalism and accuracy.
* Demonstrated discretion on confidential matters.
* Strong knowledge of MS Office.
* Excellent critical thinking and problems-solving skills.
For consideration, please submit your cover letter with your salary expectation and resume to:
The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
AGU proudly offers a casual work environment, excellent compensation, generous work-life opportunities, and an outstanding benefits package.
AGU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.