Donor Relations and Stewardship Coordinator
TTitle: Donor Relations and Stewardship Coordinator
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Washington, DC
What we do and offer our team
We are home to more than 60,000 scientists from 139 countries. As the Donor Relations and Stewardship Coordinator, you will be part of a dynamic association for Earth and space scientists who advance research, collaborate across disciplines, and communicate the importance and impact of science to society. AGU offers our members exciting opportunities through top-ranked scientific journals, scientific meetings and conferences, and other educational and scientific programs, to present and publish research, gain leadership experience, mentor, and freely exchange knowledge.
AGU’s Workplace Values
We believe in accountability and ownership of work, by taking responsibility for decisions and results. We believe in member and customer service, and that they come first through providing high quality service.
We believe in excellence and giving it our all, through striving to be outstanding. We believe in integrity by doing the right thing, we achieve this by being honest and fair.
Our teams believe that with teamwork together we achieve more, we achieve this through collaboration. We believe in respect, that you earn it and give it, by open communication and collaboration.
What the Donor Relations and Stewardship Coordinator does
The Donor Relations and Stewardship Coordinator position is key in assisting AGU to promote discovery in Earth and Space science for the benefit of humanity, by being operational in focus. The Donor Relations and Stewardship Coordinator provides program support to the Development department, and participates in all fund-raising activities, donor relations, direct mail appeals, and special events so that the department functions at the highest level of efficiency and effectiveness in executing the department's goals and objectives both internally and externally. This position is needed to assist the management of the department in focusing on the larger objectives of the group, satisfying the needs of donors, volunteers, and internal departments of AGU.
* Assist in the planning of stewardship lounges and events at various AGU offsite meetings, coordinating logistical needs, schedules, invitations and other needs from various departments so that goals are met.
* Coordinate production, design, and implementation of Voluntary Contribution Campaign (VCC) solicitations including e-mails, web presence, ads in various AGU publications, and physical mailings
* Respond to donor inquiries in a professional manner while always keeping a mind to moving them into the development pipeline.
* Interact with donors on-site and off-site professionally.
* Provide program support for the Development department including tracking invoices and pledges, maintaining contracts, and other support allowing the department to meet yearly goals.
* Coordinate all administrative and logistical details associated with the Development Board meetings (i.e., prepares/sends e-mail notices, agendas, minutes, etc.).
* Create and distribute regular donor and prospect newsletters utilizing information and news from across AGU.
* Responsible for the maintenance of Development’s records, system needs, and donor gifts in the netForum association management system, as well Development’s presence on agu.org
* Prepare acknowledgment letters and other correspondence as a part of the Stewardship program of the Development department.
* Lead the First-Time Donor program to better steward and retain AGU’s first-time donors.
* Create monthly fund-raising reports and other database reports, conduct initial analysis, and discuss results and impact with managers.
* Participate fully in professional organizations and activities related to their field.
* Other duties as assigned.
What the Donor Relations and Stewardship Coordinator brings to the team
* 3-5 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience in researching foundation and non-tradition funding streams preferred.
* Experience in managing and driving multiple components of larger projects.
* Database management and fundraising software experience required; experience with netForum preferred.
* Ability to project a professional demeanor while interacting with people having diverse backgrounds and professional levels.
* Demonstrated initiative and sound judgment, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work within the scientific community and communicate science to a non-scientific community.
* Ability to communicate easily and effectively with coworkers, scientists, researchers, and donors.
* Ability to multitask, effectively prioritize and work well under pressure to meet sensitive project deadlines.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Demonstrated strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
* Ability to present information concisely and effectively.
* Ability to demonstrate accuracy and quality of work in a fast pace work environment.
* Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Who the Donor Relations and Stewardship Coordinator works with
* Liaise with AGU Finance and IS to maintain accurate reporting and donor records
* Maintain a strong relationship with AGU staff including Finance, the IS AMS team, Science, and the Executive Office to ensure that Development projects run smoothly and provide the most benefit to AGU’s needs.
For consideration, please submit your cover letter with your salary expectation and resume to https://rew12.ultipro.com/AME1056/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=280
If selected for a face-to-face interview, the candidate will be provided a short article to summarize.
The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
AGU proudly offers a casual work environment, excellent compensation, generous work-life opportunities, and an outstanding benefits package.
AGU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.